Supporting Families in
Dutchess and Ulster Counties
NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Illness
is the nation’s largest grass-roots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for millions of Americans affected by mental illness and their loved ones.
NAMI Mid-Hudson (NAMI-MH), is the local affiliate, we are a 501(c)(3) organization serving the people of Dutchess and Ulster Counties in New York since 1981. We are an all-volunteer organization. Our office is located in Poughkeepsie NY.
- ADVOCATE for and support individuals with mental illnesses, family members and their loved ones.
- ERADICATE stigma.
- SUPPORT research, causes and treatment; and access to services regarding mental illness.
- EDUCATE the public about mental illnesses
- WORK to improve public and private
support systems for individuals with
- Promote and Teach NAMI Free Educational Classes
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: NAMI-MH is striving to be active in our community by collaboratively working with other organizations, local businesses, and schools to educate the public and stigmatize
ADVOCACY: NAMI-MH actively works with NAMI New York State Organization to lobby local and state government bodies on behalf of the mentally ill.
Contact us at (845) 206-9892 or Email Us