Supporting Families in Dutchess and Ulster Counties
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest national grass-roots advocacy group for individuals suffering from mental illness and their loved ones.
NAMI Mid-Hudson (NAMI-MH), is the local affiliate, we are a 501(c)(3) organization serving the people of Dutchess and Ulster Counties in New York since 1981. We are an all-volunteer organization. Our office is located in Poughkeepsie NY.
The mission of NAMI-MH is to assist individuals with mental illnesses and their loved ones. Specific objectives include:
- ADVOCATE for and support individuals with mental illnesses, family members and loved ones.
- ERADICATE stigma
- SUPPORT research into causes and treatment of mental illnesses
- EDUCATE the public about mental illnesses
- WORK to improve public and private support systems for individuals with mental illnesses
- Promote and Teach NAMI Free Educational Classes
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: NAMI-MH is striving to be active in our community. We constantly seek opportunities to educate the public and fight stigma about mental illness.
ADVOCACY: NAMI-MH actively works with the NAMI-New York State organization to lobby local and state government bodies in behalf of the mentally ill.
New NAMI BASICS CLASS strarting in May 2014.
See Free educational Classes tab.
Contact us at (845) 206-9892
or Email Us