The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest national grass-roots advocacy group for individuals suffering from mental illness and their loved ones.
NAMI Mid Hudson(NAMI-MH), is the local affiliate, we are a 501(c)(3) organization serving the people of Dutchess and Ulster Counties in New York since 1981. We are a small, but growing, all-volunteer organization, currently numbering just over 100 members.
The mission of NAMI-MH is to assist individuals with mental illnesses and their loved ones. Specific objectives include:
- ADVOCATE for and support individuals with mental illnesses, family members and loved ones.
- ERADICATE stigma
- SUPPORT research into causes and treatment of mental illnesses
- EDUCATE the public about mental illnesses
- WORK to improve public and private support systems for individuals with mental illnesses
- Promote and Teach NAMI Free Educational Classes
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: NAMI-MH is striving to be active in our community. We constantly seek opportunities to educate the public and fight stigma about mental illness.
ADVOCACY: NAMI-MH actively works with the NAMI-New York State organization to lobby local and state government bodies in behalf of the mentally ill.
Contact us at (845) 206-9892 or email us: email@example.com
Dutchess resources in detail: