What is #MyGivingStory?
Launched in partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Facebook, #MyGivingStory is a nationwide social media storytelling contest that aims to foster a public discussion about the reasons people give. From November 17th–December 31st, 2016, NAMI Mid-Hudson is asking individuals to share personal stories about what inspires them to give (time, money, advocacy, etc.) to NAMI Mid-Hudson.
*The top 20 stories with the most “likes” on Facebook will be sent to a distinguished panel of judges for final adjudication.
*Grant prizes ranging from $2,500-10,000 will go to the organizations featured in the top six stories.
*$2,500 will go to the organizations featured in the two stories awarded honorable mentions for “Best Use of Original Video” and “Best Spanish Language Story.”
How can YOU help NAMI Mid-Hudson on #GivingTuesday?
Submit your story on how NAMI Mid-Hudson has helped you:
As a supporter of NAMI Mid-Hudson, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work.
How to Enter #MyGivingStory
- Go to the contest entry form (http://bit.ly/2fM4SJp) or visit the #MyGivingStory tab on #GivingTuesday’s Facebook page.
- Post a short essay (150- 600 words) responding to the question, “What inspires you to give to NAMI Mid-Hudson?”
- In it, tell the story of a specific instance in which you supported NAMI Mid-Hudson in a way that was meaningful to you whether it’s becoming a member, making a tax deductible donation or volunteering…
- You will be asked to include our Website url: http://www.namimidhudson.org
- You will be asked to include our Facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/NAMI-MidHudson-440689796013048/
- Our Name: NAMI Mid-Hudson
- Our category: “Health”
- Submit your story by December 31st 2016.
- Share and promote your submission on social media with #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions!
Don’t forgot to Promote your submissions on social media; the more people reached, the more chances NAMI Mid-Hudson will be highlighted in one of the top “liked” posts! Judges will pick six winners.
Winners will be announced in January and the nonprofit organizations featured in their essays will receive grants between $2,500-10,000.
Support Our NAMI Mid-Hudson #GiveMyStory Submissions:
“LIKE” our NAMI Mid-Hudson #GivingMyStory Submissions and SHARE their stories on your Facebook page.
Allie Hill, NAMI Mid-Hudson Young Adult Advocate Please visit
Allie’s story and LIKE and Share:
Thank you for your support of NAMI Mid-Hudson.