NAMI Basics is:
- Free six session 2.5 hours or 3 Full Saturday educational program for parents and other caregivers of children and adolescents who have behavioral issues, un-diagnosed emotional issues, ADHD, ODD, OCD, DMDD or have developed symptoms of mental illness (brain disorder) or have been diagnosed with a mental illness.
- This class is taught by trained teachers who themselves are the parent or caregiver of an individual who developed symptoms of mental illness prior to age 13 diagnosed or un-diagnosed.
- Program covers: the impact of illness on family, biology, treatment options, overview of the systems available, communications & problem solving skills, crisis planning, latest research and much more.
- NAMI Basics Curriculum
- Pre-registration is required
- Attendance for all three (3) classes are required.
Watch a two-minute news clip on NAMI Mid-Hudson’s first NAMI Basics class…
To pre-register or for more information,
please call and leave a message: 845-206-9892
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Class can be arranged for Professionals to take NAMI Basics**